Can I grant workflow property permission to a group AND a project role?

Stephanie Latterman July 13, 2017

I am trying to give permission to project Administrators and the user group BT Leads to delete Open issues.

When I enter the Property Key as jira.permission.delete.projectrole and Property Value as 10002, it works~ Project Administrators can delete Open issues.

But when I add jira.permission.delete.group = BT%20Leads, and then login as one of those members to test it, they can't delete an Open issue. I have also tried jira.permission.delete.group = BT+Leads

What am I doing wrong?? Is it the group name BT Leads that is not working because it has a space?

Note: The Delete Issue permission in the project's permission scheme is unrestricted.

1 answer

0 votes
Maarten Cautreels
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 13, 2017

Hi Stephanie, 

I'm not sure which version of JIRA you're on but it could be related to the following bug: JRASERVER-34621 (fixed in JIRA 6.3.14)

Hope this helps. 

Best, 

Maarten

Stephanie Latterman July 13, 2017

Thank you for your reply! But we are using JIRA Cloud. I don't think that applies to our version.

Suggest an answer