Can I grant permission to a Project Lead to create new queues in JIRA Service Desk?

Valerie Boudreau March 1, 2016

4 answers

5 votes
Rita YOUNES [Infosysta]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 2, 2016

Hi @Valerie Boudreau, 

Can you elaborate more on your need ? your Project lead is an agent??

0 votes
Valerie Boudreau March 2, 2016

Sorry about the repeat of the question. When I clicked to submit it the first time I got back a server error and thought it didn't submit. 

0 votes
Valerie Boudreau March 2, 2016

@Geoff Wilson No, I don't want to give the Project Lead admin permissions to the project/service desk. @Rita YOUNES [Infosysta]  Yes, the project lead is an agent. I am the Admin of the project. The Project Lead manages the queue and I'd really like to give him the ability to shuffle it and save the queue as he sees fit. He assigns all of the tickets in the queue.

Thank you both for replying – 

0 votes
Geoff Wilson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 2, 2016

You seem to have asked your question twice, so here is my copied answer. 

I am assuming that by "full Admin permissions" you mean that you do not want to give a user full admin permissions to the entire Service Desk instance, and instead are only okay with giving them admin rights to a single project.

From Admin > Issues > Permission Schemes, I recommend using the Add operation for adding "Project Lead" to the "Administer Projects" permission in your Project's permission scheme .  They will then have admin rights only to edit the settings within that single project (if you've named your user as Project Lead for only that Project), which includes those Queues.  They will be able to change which issue scheme, field scheme, etc that that project uses, however we've found that generally people are too busy to mess with things they don't understand.

Suggest an answer