Can I grant access to Jira Software for one group of users and access to Jira Core for another group?

Crystal Allbritton April 26, 2016

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Manage users and groups

I have two project teams- one technical for which I'd like to grant access to JIRA Software and another to which I'd like to grant access to JIRA Core. I do not want the two teams to have access to each other's projects. How you would recommend setting up access, groups, and user permissions to facilitate this?

1 answer

0 votes
Wazza
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 26, 2016

Hi @Crystal Allbritton,

Access to a project is controlled by the Browse project permission on the permission scheme used by that projects. In most instances, the default permission scheme is used by JIRA Core projects, and the default software scheme is used by JIRA Software projects (though you'll need to check which projects use which permission scheme in case you've made any changes). You can access your permission schemes via the Cog > Issues, and then selecting Permission schemes in the left sidebar. That will list all your permission schemes, and which projects are associated with them. To only give certain groups access to certain projects, you'll need to ensure that only those groups have the Browse project permission in the permission scheme for the respective project.

Hope that helps, let me know if it's unclear.

Warren

Suggest an answer