Can I get the stats for completed sprints that were in a deleted scrum board

Jeremy Brooks November 22, 2016

We recently changed from using a scrum board to a kanban board in our project. Not needing the scrum board any longer I deleted it not realising that all of the stats that were built from it would also be deleted. Can I find those stats anywhere? I need to get to all the points from each sprint to help maintain a handle on the teams velocity.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jeremy Brooks November 23, 2016

Ok so as a work around I've realised that the sprint names still exist even though the scrum board is gone. So to get the stats for all stories completed in a sprint I just created a filter with an extra date range for updateDate to catch any edge cases where stories crossed over more than 1 sprint.

Here is the query:

project in (NAME1, NAME2, NAME3) AND issuetype in standardIssueTypes() AND updatedDate < "2016/11/17 09:00" AND updatedDate > "2016/11/02 23:00" AND status in (Closed, Done) AND Sprint = sprint_number ORDER BY status ASC

To use it just replace the NAME1 etc with your projects and change the sprint_number to the sprint number that relates to your sprint name. Adjusting the dates to suit your needs.

Hints:

To find the sprint number, first do a simple search filter by sprint name. Then switch to advanced filter and the number will be filled in already for you.

Dates need to be in the format "yyyy/MM/dd HH:mm"

Suggest an answer