Can I get the stats for completed sprints that were in a deleted scrum board

We recently changed from using a scrum board to a kanban board in our project. Not needing the scrum board any longer I deleted it not realising that all of the stats that were built from it would also be deleted. Can I find those stats anywhere? I need to get to all the points from each sprint to help maintain a handle on the teams velocity.

1 answer

1 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.

Ok so as a work around I've realised that the sprint names still exist even though the scrum board is gone. So to get the stats for all stories completed in a sprint I just created a filter with an extra date range for updateDate to catch any edge cases where stories crossed over more than 1 sprint.

Here is the query:

project in (NAME1, NAME2, NAME3) AND issuetype in standardIssueTypes() AND updatedDate < "2016/11/17 09:00" AND updatedDate > "2016/11/02 23:00" AND status in (Closed, Done) AND Sprint = sprint_number ORDER BY status ASC

To use it just replace the NAME1 etc with your projects and change the sprint_number to the sprint number that relates to your sprint name. Adjusting the dates to suit your needs.

Hints:

To find the sprint number, first do a simple search filter by sprint name. Then switch to advanced filter and the number will be filled in already for you.

Dates need to be in the format "yyyy/MM/dd HH:mm"

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Wednesday in New to Jira

Are you planning to trial, or are currently trialling Jira Software? - We want to talk to you!

Hello! I'm Rayen, a product manager at Atlassian. My team and I are working hard to improve the trial experience for Jira Software Cloud. We are interested in   talking to 20 people planning t...

134 views 2 0
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you