Can I get remaining time per day per user from the JIRA board?

Kaushik Das April 15, 2015

Situation:

My client employs multiple vendors.

Tasks in Sprints:

Each vendor tasks are in the same sprints. So, if we are in Sprint 5, other vendors are also working on their tasks in Sprint 5. Thus, the burndown that is generated is for all the groups together. So, it may show a burndown of 5000 hours per sprint from all users who have tasks in Sprint 5.

Useful?: This is useful to my client, no doubt. But for internal tracking, I would like to see a burndown of my team members' hours in the sprint.

Solution A: Filter the burndown based on users (or assignees).

Problem with solution A: I could not find any such filter option on the burndown chart.

Solution B: Get an export and create my own burndown chart.

Question about solution B: Is there a way JIRA can give me an export that tells me that user (or assignee) A, B, C... had r remaining hours on date d, r1 remaining hours on date d1, r2 remaining hours on date d2, ...?

This can be done for time spent. I have a couple of reports on JIRA that sum up the hours SPENT per day per user (or assignee). Is there a way to do the same with the remaining hours?

Is there an alternate solution? 

1 answer

0 votes
Rahul Aich [Nagra]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 23, 2015

Tempo plugin will resolve your issue. We have exactly the same problem, developers working in multi-context environment and tempo helped us keep track of time invested by users indifferent projects,

Suggest an answer