Can I get a list of Issue Keys from a filtered search?

Luc De Schepper January 22, 2018

Hi There, 

So I'd like to use a standard search (e.g. project = myProject, status = closed, type = bugs, etc...) and then derive a list of Issue Keys from the filtered results. 

Is this something that can be done?  

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 22, 2018

Yes, in several ways.  Question is what the context is?  GUI?  Code?  Script?  REST Call?  Export?

Ultimately I'd like to create a static filter of selected issues with it.  I basically need all of the Issue Keys so I can create a SQL filter like this:

issueKeys in (PRO-1,PRO-2,PRO-3,etc...)

Like # people like this
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 22, 2018

But where from? 

For example, You could do it in the issue navigator, export to CSV, save it and use a text editor to change ,/n to just ,.

(And you don't want to use SQL on a Jira database, I'm hoping you mean JQL)

That's autocorrect for you!  I did mean JQL. 

I was hoping to use the basic filter options to generate the list of tickets I need (e.g. All closed bugs for a specific sprint).  Then somehow generate all of the Issue Keys derived from that filtered result.  I know I could export it and use a text editor, I was just wondering if JIRA had a feature that did all of that for me. 

I really appreciate your help, Nic!

Suggest an answer