Can I get a Licence for JIRA Agile for my old JIRA-System?

mgm Atlassian-Experts October 13, 2015

Hello,

we have a JIRA version 6.4.4 and we don't plan to update soon, but we like to use JIRA Agile.

As I have found, you can download older versions of JIRA Agile, but I could not find an option to order JIRA Agile as a Plugin within the order-section of my.Atlassian, as the plugin is kind of disabled on the marketplace. Is there a way to get a license in another way, or what kind of license do I need to get it running on my old system?

greetings
Benjamin

2 answers

0 votes
mgm Atlassian-Experts October 13, 2015

Hello,

the thing is, we have a valid JIRA license, but we have not installed JIRA Agile at this moment. It is clear to me, that we have to purchase for JIRA Software if our license expires, but what till then?

Does this means, that we have to purchase for JIRA Software now, even if our license is valid for another few month? And then, install the plugin, fill in the new license for JIRA Software but stay at version 6.4.4? Or do we have to upgrade to 7.0 first?

I have found the license matrix: https://confluence.atlassian.com/migration/jira-7/jira-license-compatibility-matrix

But it is still unclear for me how this will work in my case:

• tickStay at JIRA 6.4.4 - Will work
  • tickInstall JIRA Agile-Plugin - I can do this
  • question Which license to I need for the Plugin if I am not able to purchase just for JIRA Agile?
    • JIRA Software?
    • Is there a possibility to purchase for JIRA Agile in the old was?
    • Do we have to update first or can we stay on our current version?

If anyone from Atlassian could bring a little bit of light into this question I would appreciate it very much.
Benjamin

0 votes
Timothy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 13, 2015

If and when your license expires, you will have no choice but to go to JIRA Software.

Suggest an answer