Can I find all tasks that have child tasks?

Eric Smith April 20, 2015

The end result is I'd like to create a filter that finds ANY issues that have child tasks that were CLOSED within a certain timeframe.

I know I can search by task ID, but I want to find ANY / ALL tasks that have child tasks.

3 answers

2 votes
Udo Brand
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 20, 2015

If you have scriptrunner installed you can use something like (e.g. closed within the last 7 days)

issueFunction in parentsOf("status changed to closed during(-7d,now())")
1 vote
Udo Brand
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 20, 2015

Well, to your new question;

> Now if there is were a way to actually show the tasks that have become UNBLOCKED... that would be a godsend.

Take your query and save it as a filter (FilterA) - then use:

issuefunction in linkedIssuesOf("filter = FilterA")
Eric Smith April 21, 2015

You're awesome :)

0 votes
Eric Smith April 20, 2015

I ended up going with this: 

issueFunction in hasLinks("this issue blocks") AND status changed to Closed after -7d 

since it let me find any of those "blocker" tasks that have been closed, which should free up other users to work on the issues they were blocked by.

Now if there were a way to actually show the tasks that have become UNBLOCKED... that would be a godsend.

Suggest an answer