Can I filter two projects and only apply Rank to one?

Elizabeth Miller June 1, 2017

Hello All,

I'm an admin user and have created a workboard that combines tickets for six projects.  Two of these projects are filtered by Rank, but none of the others are.  Those two and two of the other projects need to appear in the same swimlanes and columns.  

When I combine these projects, I'd like to recognize the two that are sorted by Rank, but still recognize the sort that is appropriate for the other two.  I've tried creating separate filters for these and using filter IN () to no avail, as well as several permutations of just manually changing the ORDER BY criteria on the rather large initial query, and I'm having no luck.  

Is there a way to apply ordering by Rank to only a subset of the projects you're filtering?

Thanks in advance.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 1, 2017

I don't think there's any useful way to do this.  What you are effectively asking for is "sorting by different things at the same time".

A query can only sort a list by one thing at a time (even if that thing is a compounded order, it's still one order on the list)

Suggest an answer