Can I filter issues that have been created from an incoming email message?

Floris Vlasveld February 9, 2013

I have a number of mail handlers for creating new issues from email. I'd like to be able to select only issues created by email in a JQL statement for a webhook that I'm configuring. Is this possible? In other words: is there a JQL field that indicates if an issue has been created through a mail handler?

1 answer

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
MJ
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 10, 2013

It is not possible to get this data from a JQL. You could choose to create a separate user designated for issue creation through mail. If you configure this user to be the default reporter for your mail handlers, you can run a JQL on that reporter to get the information you are looking for.
Cheers

Carol Jones February 20, 2019

This seems to only work if the person sending the email isn't a user within the Jira project.  Is there a way to do the same type of thing to catch this use case as well?

Carol Jones February 20, 2019

Default Reporter
Specifies the username of a default reporter, which will be used if the email address in the From: field of any received messages does not match the address associated with that of an existing Jira user

Suggest an answer