Can I filter issues that a specific user was assigned to during a specific status?

Linus Winterseel January 3, 2018

Hi,

I want to get all issues that a specific person was working on during the issues beeing in a specific status.

In other words: "Give me all issues that developer 1 was assigned to, when the issue was in status "In progress".

Is that possible? I was playing around with the "WAS" operator, but without success.

Thanks!

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Linus Winterseel January 3, 2018

Well, sometimes writing a question provides the answer... You can delete this question.

This query achieves what I was looking for:

status WAS "In Progress" BY developer1

0 votes
Ignacio Pulgar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 3, 2018

Please note that your query doesn't target the Assignee field at all.

Literally, your query will return any issues that had ever been transitioned to the status "In Progress" by the user developer1.

If the underlying workflows had all transitions that target "In Progress" with a condition like "only the assignee can execute this transition" (which I wouldn't recommend), then you would 'most likely' indirectly get what you are looking for.

I would recommend establishing the good practice of logging work on issues as a better way of keeping track of the issues a specific user had been working on (see work log author).

Suggest an answer