Can I fill out a custom field when some JIRA change its status?

Miguel Moro September 24, 2014

I want to know if it is possible to configure a custom field to be automatic fill out when a JIRA change its status. Example: When JIRA transit for Open to Resolve.

4 answers

1 vote
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 24, 2014

In onDemand, you can use the "Update Issue Customfield" post function and use the value %%CURRENT_DATETIME%%' to set the current date.

See https://jsutil.atlassian.net/wiki/display/JSUTIL/JIRA+Suite+Utilities+Workflow+Post-Functions#JIRASuiteUtilitiesWorkflowPost-Functions-UpdateIssueCustomFieldPost-Function

0 votes
Ramiro Pointis
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 24, 2014

Hi, as I can see your in OD version. So what you can do it's get JIRA suite utilities plugin that I believe is pre-installed in your instance. This plugins gives the possiblity to add a postfunction called update issue custom field in a transition of your workflow. In the value you have to set something like this  '%%CURRENT_DATETIME%%'

0 votes
Miguel Moro September 24, 2014

I have a custom field call Develop Date. So I want set the date when my developer change status from open to resolved in that field.

0 votes
Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 24, 2014

What do you want it to fill out with?

Suggest an answer