Can I export/migrate the data in the Labels field from one JIRA database to another?

Jeff Jeff February 24, 2015

My company has an internally hosted JIRA database and the Labels field holds a large number of labels.  I'm setting up an external database (i.e. hosted on Atlassian) so a 3rd party partner can access it without having to VPN into our network, and want to find the easiest way to move the vast number of bug labels (200+) out of our internal JIRA and into the external one.  It seems like I should be able to export to Excel or something, but can't even find where to configure the Label data.  

Note that I did not create the database, and no one else can find it either.  Thanks.

1 answer

0 votes
Brandon Selberg August 18, 2016

From your source system select distinct label from dbo.label table in your database. Copy the returned text and paste that into the label section on a new issue in the external JIRA instance. this will create the labels so the use will have them auto populated for any newly created issue going forward. there is nothing in the API or user interface that provides a way to export the labels that I know of. 

Suggest an answer