• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Can I export all of my boards at once?

I am testing a Jira upgrade and I've exported the issues and attachments, but the boards were not copied. We have a couple pages of boards that need to be exported and imported to the staging environment.

Is it possible to export the entire board config? Am I stuck with a one-at-a-time process?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Daniel Ebers Community Leader Nov 24, 2020

Hi Brad,

welcome to Atlassian Community!

How did you do the export?

I understood you took a copy of the environment for a test "non-production" to see how the upgrade goes. For that scenario using common tooling of the operating system (mostly it is "just" a copy...) along with the tooling from database is used.
That would not explain why the board configs are now missing for your case.

Maybe you could explain this a bit more detailed, please?

Basically, there are also options like using Project Configuration or Configuration Manager to do those copies so staging or you took a XML export and imported - but at this stage everything is a bit unclear.

Happy if you could share further input!

Regards,
Daniel

Hi Daniel.

I imported an XML of the issues that was exported by the automated backup service. The name of the service is com.atlassian.jira.service.services.export.ExportService and it exports twice daily. I wonder if this export doesn't include the boards?

There were two XML files in the .zip of the export that I used: entities.xml and activeobjects.xml. Jira only wanted to import the entities.xml file which I assumed was expected.

If you think that the export that I imported was missing the board data, I can attempt a manual export and try to import that data instead. Would that overwrite the existing data that has already been imported?

Thank you

Brad

Daniel Ebers Community Leader Nov 25, 2020

Yes, this will wipe all existing Jira content - please also see the yellow information message on the corresponding page that warn about that.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver/restoring-data-from-an-xml-backup-938847707.html

The file expected is the ZIP file - during restore all needed XML files will be accessed and used to put data back to the right place. When successful there should really no boards are missing.

If there is nothing obvious I'd like you to refer to logs that were generated during the import of the restore.
They should tell you further debug information.

Thank you, that worked for me. I didn't realize that I would need to import the .zip file since it was referring to XML files.

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you