Can I export a project from Jiraon demeand to a local jira?

Vered Israeli July 31, 2012

Hello,

I would like to import a hole project (include tasks etc.) from the Jira on demand to a local Jira.

is it possible?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
JustinA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 31, 2012

Hi Vered,

Indeed, you can create a backup of JIRA by yourself from your OnDemand instance. But, it's not possible to perform a project export.

First off, you would need to use JIRA's Backup Manager to export the data out. After that, perform project import to import your project from the backup to your local JIRA instance.

Hope this helps, mate! :)

Cheers,

Justin.

Vered Israeli July 31, 2012

Thank you for your answer.

the reason that I want to make such thing is not because of the backup.

I want to use Jira Gantt plugin and I see that I can do it only in the local version. that is the reason I wanted to export the project.

any Ideas how can I do such thing?...

JustinA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 31, 2012

Ah, so you wanted to use Gantt Chart plugin for your JIRA, right?

You're right that you can't do this on OnDemand because of the restricted functions that the platform employs. Hence, you would need to grab the backup from the OnDemand instance and deploy it locally to your JIRA instance.

But just as a confirmation, you would like to deploy this backup to your JIRA instance, right? Have you looked at this: Restoring Data ?

Let us know more of your use-case so we can further look into this, mate. :)

Cheers,

Justin.

0 votes
Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 31, 2012

Suggest an answer