Can I exclude a project from the jira search results?

Gareth Hughes February 25, 2014

I was thinking of filling up a Jira project with all of our old Feature Requests from our legacy CRM system. I was thinking along the lines of using the Jira Python library to create all the issues. I've played with that before and don't see that as a big problem.

But I don't want all these ancient cases polluting our search indexes and results. I'm wondering if there is any config to exclude a certain project from the main engine and only make it available if you tick a box somewhere to "search the obscure stuff"

thanks for any ideas

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
JohnA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 26, 2014

Hi Gareth,

It sounds like this document will be of interest to you because it contains strategies for archiving projects and either leaving them searchable or not as you desire: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Archiving+a+Project

All the best,
John

0 votes
Filipe February 26, 2014

I Gareth,

You could just set the permissions on that project for user of a certaing group, and only users in that group view results from that project.

I don't know if it solves completly your probem.

Regards,

Gareth Hughes February 26, 2014

thanks for replying, yes I thought of that as well.

Suggest an answer