Can I enable basic users to edit permission scheme in the project which they are administrator?

Deleted user October 13, 2019

I want to limit the number of users of creating projects, while at the same time giving freedom to them when managing their own project.

So, can I enable basic users to edit permission scheme in the project which they are administrator?

2 answers

0 votes
fran garcia gomera
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 14, 2019

If you enable Extended project administration, administrators can make changes in the workflows with this  conditions (copy from https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver0712/managing-project-permissions-959313533.html#)

• The workflow must not be shared with any other projects, or be a system workflow.
  • To add a status, the status must already exist in the Jira instance i.e. the project admin can't create new statuses or edit existing statuses.
  • To delete a status, the status must not be used by any of the project's issues.
  • The project admin can create, update or delete transitions, but they can't select or update a screen used by the transition, or edit or view a transition's properties, conditions, validators or post-functions.

Same with screens

• The screen must not be a default system screen.
  • The screen must not be shared with any other projects, or used as a transition screen in workflows.
  • The project admin can add, remove and rearrange system fields.
  • The project admin can add, remove and rearrange existing custom fields, but they cannot create custom fields.
0 votes
PVS
Banned
October 13, 2019

Hi @[deleted] 

Only Jira(system) Administrators can create projects then they configure a project lead and admin(s) to add users/groups to project roles as well as create boards.  These are the permissions out of box.

Thanks,

PVS

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events