It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Can I enable basic users to edit permission scheme in the project which they are administrator?

I want to limit the number of users of creating projects, while at the same time giving freedom to them when managing their own project.

So, can I enable basic users to edit permission scheme in the project which they are administrator?

2 answers

Hi @Wong, Sam Ka Hei 

Only Jira(system) Administrators can create projects then they configure a project lead and admin(s) to add users/groups to project roles as well as create boards.  These are the permissions out of box.

Thanks,

PVS

If you enable Extended project administration, administrators can make changes in the workflows with this  conditions (copy from https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver0712/managing-project-permissions-959313533.html#)

• The workflow must not be shared with any other projects, or be a system workflow.
  • To add a status, the status must already exist in the Jira instance i.e. the project admin can't create new statuses or edit existing statuses.
  • To delete a status, the status must not be used by any of the project's issues.
  • The project admin can create, update or delete transitions, but they can't select or update a screen used by the transition, or edit or view a transition's properties, conditions, validators or post-functions.

Same with screens

• The screen must not be a default system screen.
  • The screen must not be shared with any other projects, or used as a transition screen in workflows.
  • The project admin can add, remove and rearrange system fields.
  • The project admin can add, remove and rearrange existing custom fields, but they cannot create custom fields.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted in Jira

Demo Den Ep. 7: New Jira Cloud Reports

Learn how to use two new reports for next-gen projects in Jira Cloud:  Cumulative flow diagram and Sprint burndown chart. Ivan Teong, Product Manager, Jira Software, demos the Cumulative ...

334 views 1 3
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you