Can I email all users in our Atlassian OnDemand instance?

Scott Hogan February 17, 2014

I'm looking for a highly-visible and not-easy-to-avoid means of communicating with all our users, but for the life of me can't find any means of doing so from within Atlassian. Am I missing some trick?

Thanks - Scott

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Scott Hogan February 23, 2014

Found the answer - so simple I'm embarrassed to post it.

With Outgoing Email enabled from the System admin menu, you can use Send Email to target specific groups or roles (or of course all of them).

0 votes
John Bevan January 17, 2017

Steps:

• Navigate to your JIRA instance (option doesn't show for Confluence's Config)
  • Click: the burger (3 horizontal lines; ) in the top right.
  • Click: Configure
  • Click: System (on the top navigation bar)
  • Scroll down to find Mail on the left navigation bar.
  • Click: Outgoing Mail; ensure this says ENABLED (if it's not; click Enable Outgoing Mail)
  • Click Send email
  • Fill out fields as desired.  To select all options in a select box, the select all keyboard shortcut works; i.e. click on a line in the select box then (on Windows) press CTRL+A.

The direct link is: https://{your_account_name}.atlassian.net/secure/admin/SendBulkMail!default.jspa

0 votes
Timothy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 17, 2014

That feature is in the Outgoing Email admin functionality. I am guessing that you are blocked from that access?

Scott Hogan February 17, 2014

In OnDemand? All I have in there is the ability to enable that feature, but not anything to contact all users. Seems to relate more to allowing JIRA to email with issue updates etc.

Suggest an answer