Can I edit the workflow buttons on the Issue screen, e.g. replace Resolve Issue with another transition?

priory_rory April 15, 2013

I have added a new Issue Status called "For Review" that will normally come between In Progress and Resolved. I haven't removed the workflow transition In Progress -> Resolved, since sometimes smaller issues will go directly to Resolved.

I'd like to change the issue page so there's a button for the transition "Send for Review", instead of or as well as the button "Resolve Issue". Is this possible? I have an option in the Workflow dropdown "Send for Review" but I'd like a button so the "Resolve Issue" isn't too tempting.

thanks,

Rory

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Henning Tietgens
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 15, 2013

You can change the position of the buttons and the number shown like described here: https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/142540/how-to-change-the-workflow-buttons-on-the-issue-screen

Henning Tietgens
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 15, 2013

For me it's working fine, mmh. I'll try with a link. Try this.

That link gives me a 404

Henning Tietgens
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 15, 2013

I think to define the position of a workflow button should be possible, this is a property of a workflow. To define the number of buttons.. I don't know.

Thanks Henning, is that possible in JIRA OnDemand?

Thanks! I was able to set my new transition's button to appear instead of the Resolve Issue button, by adding a property as described in the article. Doesn't appear to be a way to edit the number of buttons but that's fine for what I need.

0 votes

Thanks! I was able to set my new transition's button to appear instead of the Resolve Issue button, by adding a property as described in the article. Doesn't appear to be a way to edit the number of buttons but that's fine for what I need.

Suggest an answer