Can I easily allow copying of issues between two JIRA instances?

Steve Kondik July 14, 2014

I am hoping someone can tell me if there is already an existing solution for this use case.

We run an open source project that accepts bug reports on a public JIRA instance. We also have an instance of JIRA that we use internally. It would be nice to easily copy an issue into our internal JIRA instance, and automatically link it to the public issue. This allows us to get it on our scrum board.

I realize there is an import/export feature, I'm looking for a push-of-the-button solution, though.

2 answers

0 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 14, 2014

You can also take a look at ConnectAll. You can use it to sync onDemand projects to internal JIRA projects and can have rules that defines the sync.

0 votes
tier-0 grump
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 14, 2014

You certainly can, you'll have to add a plugin though and then configure application links between your instances. https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.atlassian.cpji.cpji-jira-pluginis the JIRA to JIRA Issue Copy plugin and it addresses your use case perfectly. It's a free plugin authored by Atlassian, although it is unsupported.

Suggest an answer