Can I download a timesheet report from the dashboard?

Juliana Silva November 8, 2017

Hello, 

I'm testing the new dashboard and am wondering if we can download reports onto spreadsheets - from the current dashboard.

Thanks,

Juliana

1 answer

1 vote
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 8, 2017

Juliana, 

The Dashboard uses widgets that are run off of filters.  While the dashboard provides valuable insights into monitoring projects it does not have export functionality.  If you would like to export information off of the dashboard I would use the filters that feed the dashboard.  The filters allow you to export to spreadsheets.  If you want pretty exports you can setup similar reporting in Confluence and save to PDF or a plugin like JIRA PDF view to print the dashboard content to PDF.  I believe that Firefox will also allow you to print to PDF and looks ok.

Juliana Silva November 8, 2017

Hi Brant, 

Thank you for your reply. It's much appreciated. 

Where would I find these filters that feed the dashboard? I'm also looking for the reporting feature in Confluence. 

Thanks,

Juliana.

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 8, 2017

If you can edit the dashboard you can view the filters by editing each widget.  By editing it you will see what is feeding the widget.  Some widgets are fed by a default selection made by the widget.  Other widgets you will see Project or Saved Filter: that will point you at the filter it is using.  

In confluence you have a limited set of items that you can create.  You will need to ensure that you have an application link between JIRA and Confluence.  On a Confluence when you are editing it you can add Macros.  Under the macros section you can add graphs and issue lists based on filters.

Suggest an answer