Can I disable the "Merage" and "Delete" function on JIRA Project Administration, Versions page?

reevel May 25, 2014

To reduce human error, we would like to remove the capability of Project Administrator to merge and delete version accidentally.

Is there any JIRA sytem configuration to do this?

2 answers

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 25, 2014

Ugh, no,. This really is a case of educating your users. The version maintenance stuff makes it quite hard to make mistakes here, so if your users are, your problem is the users. I'd be tempted to remove their project admin rights until they've been properly educated. Fix the users, not the software.

0 votes
reevel May 25, 2014

I finially figure out I can use write a plugin to use javascript to hide the "Merge" button on the version administration page. https://developer.atlassian.com/display/JIRADEV/Inline+Edit+for+JIRA+Plugins

And I can also use AUI RESTful table event to remove the "Delete" version functionality.

https://docs.atlassian.com/aui/latest/docs/restfulTable.html

However, the "Delete" link of the version administration will re-appear once the version is updated or the logic simply doesn't apply to newly added version. I suppose to get "AJS.RestfulTable.Events.ROW_INITIALIZED" once the rows is updated.

Is there any AUI expert here to show me the proper method to register ROW_INITIALIZED event?

deepak.kalra August 13, 2015

Hi Reeve lau, We are also trying to hide the Merge Button on Version Administration Page, we create a custom plugin with below code in the JavaScript jQuery(document).ready(function() { AJS.$("a[href='/plugins/servlet/project-config/REL/versions']").click(function() { //AJS.$("#project-config-operations-merge").hide(); setTimeout(function() {autoFillSummary();}, 50); jQuery(document).ready(function() { setTimeout(function() {autoFillSummary();}, 50); //AJS.$("#.aui-page-header-actions").hide(); tried but not working //AJS.$('#.aui-page-header').children('#.aui-page-header-actions').hide(); tried but not working //$('#.aui-page-header').eq(1).hide(); tried but not working //AJS.$("#aui-button").hide(); tried but not working //AJS.$("#project-config-operations-merge").hide(); tried but not working AJS.$("#project-config-operations-merge").prop( "disabled", true ); //AJS.$("#project-config-operations-merge").hide(); tried but not working }); }); }); Tried using JIRA.bind(JIRA.Events.NEW_CONTENT_ADDED, function (e, context) even then i had no Luck. Tried to hide the Button using Button ID, Button Class and Parent Div Class nothing worked for us. Can you please helpme out on this, this is very criticla for us. Thanks in Advance!!! Vinay

Suggest an answer