Can I default users in ICTIME reporting?

Anthea Shaw June 10, 2015

I am a Project Manager monitoring time for chargeable and non-chargeable projects. I check daily that my staff are logging their time correctly.

Since we added the JIRA Helpdesk Plug-in, new users registering with the Helpdesk are appearing in my list of users, these are mixed in with internal staff.

Is it possible to:

1) Pre-set filters in a similar way to the dashboard for JIRA so that I can run an enquiry/report for the sub-set I am interested in?

2) Flag external users in the configuration in some way so that they do not appear?

Thank you for your help.

3 answers

0 votes
Tobias Reibling
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 14, 2015

Hi Anthea, The use case you are describing seems to be related to using the JIRA Service Desk add-on. We do not specifically support this add-on. However, there are plans to add an optional limitation for users displayed in all user pickers, based on either a JIRA permission (probably "work on issues") or maybe an ictime permission. This should be suitable to cover your needs, too.

Best regards, Tobias

Anthea Shaw June 14, 2015

Tobias, Thank you for your response, do you know when this is scheduled for and which release we should be looking out for? Kind regards Anthea

Tobias Reibling
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 14, 2015

Anthea, This feature is scheduled for 4.4. or 4.5, i.e. end of August or October (not binding). Best regards, Tobias

Anthea Shaw June 15, 2015

Thank you Tobias, I have just added another question regarding Reporting, if you would be so kind as to have a look at that also?

0 votes
Tobias Reibling
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 14, 2015

We are adding functionality from the Reporting search interface to the Timesheet search interface from time to time. However, there are no specific timelines for having JIRA filters available in this interface.

0 votes
Anthea Shaw June 10, 2015

A further query, I do have a pre-set filter which can be used in the reporting, however this is not an area which has a restriction as it only appears to list the JIRA internal users. My query is specific to the Timesheet option which does not have an option to use a JIRA pre-set filter? Is this planned for a future release?

Suggest an answer