Can I customize the default filter fields that appear in Issue Navigator?

Mark MacVicar May 14, 2014

Can I customize the default filter fields that appear in Issue Navigator?

In Jira 6.1, on the Issue Navigator screen, 4 dropdowns appear at the top of all searches (Project, Type, Status, Assignee ). One can use these dropdowns to filter your search, or you can select More to enter more fields to add to this list. Normally I'd refer to these as "Filters", but Jira uses that term already for preset searches, so I'm not sure what to call them.

Can fields be added to that default filter field list?

For example, we frequently add and modify Priority and Resolution to view our searches differently. To do so we have to select More, type the field name, select it, then select a value for that field. We do this so often it would be more efficient for those choices to appear by default.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 14, 2014

Go to Admin and find "issue navigator default columns".

Users will retain their default columns once they've set them and it won't affect column orders saved with existing filters.

Mark MacVicar May 15, 2014
Apologies if i wasn't clear. I'm not referring to the Issue Navigator columns.
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 15, 2014

Um, ok, I'm completely stumped then. You said "Customise the default fields that appear on the issue navigator", so I did my best to answer that.

So I'm lost. I don't know what you're talking about if it's not what you said.

Mark MacVicar May 16, 2014
Doh! Did I mention this is in Jira 6. I'll try to clarify, In Jira 6.1 on the Issue Navigator screen 4 dropdowns appear at the top of all searches (Project, Type, Status, Assignee ). One can use these dropdowns to modify your filter, or you can select More to enter more fields to add to this list. Normally I'd refer to these as Filters, but Jira uses that term already for preset searches, so I'm not sure what to call them.
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 17, 2014

Oh, I see - I'm not sure what the official phrase for them is, or even if there is one. I tend to say something like "the fields that most simple filters are based on, so Atlassian put them first on the simple search screen"

They're not customisable, I think you have to hack the search page to get other fields on there.

Suggest an answer