Can I create seperate groups for JIRA Service Desk Agents?

Armanda Lee February 13, 2018

I'm interested in creating specific notification schemes for certain JIRA Service Desk Agents. Currently, we use the Default Schema so all tickets created notify all Service Desk Agents.

Can I create multiple Service Desk Agents groups? (Group A and Group B)

So that Group A only gets notifications of Tickets pertaining to Group A? and vice versa

Can I set notification schemes for a Service Desk Agent Group that only pertain to specific Customers or Label ?

1 answer

0 votes
William Rojas February 14, 2018

Armanda,

Yes you can create multiple agent groups, then setup multiple service desk projects and assign the Agent role in the project to each corresponding, and separate group.

Then even with the same notification scheme, the system will notify a different set of people based on the membership in the corresponding group.

To group the customers into sets, then use the Organization feature. you can then use the organization value in the JQL of an automation rule for example.

Mike Tocci September 10, 2019

Hi @William Rojas can you help me understand exactly how a JSD agent group gets set up? I'm looking to have groups like Customer Service and Technical Team. 

Suggest an answer