Can I create multiple Sprints in one import?

Brian Spence
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 1, 2016

I'm converting a large volume of data from another system, and want to be able to maintain the Sprint information from the legacy system.  Essentially I need to create ~100 Sprints, get the sprint IDs, and use those when the Issues are imported.

Is there a way to create this many Sprints via an import?  Running v7.1.6 at the moment.

2 answers

0 votes
John Cliff Le December 10, 2018

Hi Brian,

I wanted to do the same thing, create multiple sprints using import, were you able to do this? I was looking at the link Peter provided but looks like it's for backing up Jira projects.

We are trying to transfer over issues from Rally that already have sprints, we wanted to create those sprints first using imports and will you connect all for importing the issues.

Thanks,

John Le

Brian Spence
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 10, 2018

I have not found a way to do this via a non-JIRA import.  

Quite a pain to work around.

0 votes
Peter T
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 1, 2016

Hi Brian,

since JIRA 7.0 the project backup/import support Sprints and ranking data so if your need is just that this project backup/import should work for you.

See more information here:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver071/restoring-a-project-from-backup-802592982.html

image2016-8-1 14:48:52.png

Suggest an answer