It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Can I create multiple Sprints in one import?

Brian Spence Aug 01, 2016

I'm converting a large volume of data from another system, and want to be able to maintain the Sprint information from the legacy system.  Essentially I need to create ~100 Sprints, get the sprint IDs, and use those when the Issues are imported.

Is there a way to create this many Sprints via an import?  Running v7.1.6 at the moment.

2 answers

0 votes
Peter Toudjarski Aug 01, 2016

Hi Brian,

since JIRA 7.0 the project backup/import support Sprints and ranking data so if your need is just that this project backup/import should work for you.

See more information here:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver071/restoring-a-project-from-backup-802592982.html

image2016-8-1 14:48:52.png

0 votes
John Cliff Le Dec 10, 2018

Hi Brian,

I wanted to do the same thing, create multiple sprints using import, were you able to do this? I was looking at the link Peter provided but looks like it's for backing up Jira projects.

We are trying to transfer over issues from Rally that already have sprints, we wanted to create those sprints first using imports and will you connect all for importing the issues.

Thanks,

John Le

Brian Spence Dec 10, 2018

I have not found a way to do this via a non-JIRA import.  

Quite a pain to work around.

Suggest an answer

This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
Community showcase
Published in Jira

Try Jira Cloud for Outlook: Organize your work without leaving your inbox

Hi Atlassian community, My name is Max and I work on the product integration team at Atlassian. I am pleased to announce the early access program for the Jira Cloud add-in for Outlook. This add-in...

820 views 0 12
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you