• Community
  • Products
  • Jira Software
  • Questions
  • Can I create issues for a particular sprint and have the Sprint info from Greenhopper automatically entered into the JIRA project and into the ticket's version fields so I don't have to create versions manually in JIRA to match the Sprint names?

Can I create issues for a particular sprint and have the Sprint info from Greenhopper automatically entered into the JIRA project and into the ticket's version fields so I don't have to create versions manually in JIRA to match the Sprint names?

Jason Vou July 22, 2013

Currently, my workplace uses JIRA version 5.0.7 and Greenhopper version 6.0.1. My project team mainly tracks issues via Greenhopper in the "Plan" and "Work" tabs (or Planning Board and Task Board respectively). When we are creating sprints in Greenhopper, versions are not created in JIRA and the issues themselves (ex. TEST-1) do not have the fixed version or affected version updated to "Sprint 1" or whatever sprint we are currently on. Is this possible?

Update: @Randall Robertson: can I create issues for a particular sprint and have the Sprint info from Greenhopper automatically entered into the JIRA project and into the ticket's version fields so I don't have to create versions manually in JIRA to match the Sprint names?

@Randall Robertson asked my question perfect. This is the behavior I am seeking.

2 answers

0 votes
Timothy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 23, 2013

can I create issues for a particular sprint and have the Sprint info from Greenhopper automatically entered into the JIRA project and into the ticket's version fields so I don't have to create versions manually in JIRA to match the Sprint names

Looks like you are looking for some sort of automation process which is not available in JIRA. I would try the Groovy Runner Add On (https://jamieechlin.atlassian.net/wiki/display/GRV) which has inSprint(board name, sprint name) which you could use to create a script and automate this process.

0 votes
Timothy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 23, 2013

There does not seem to be any question in your post. But yea, you can create issues in JIRA without any version (affect or fix).

Randall Robertson
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 23, 2013
I think the question is "can I create issues for a particular sprint and have the Sprint info from Greenhopper automatically entered into the JIRA project and into the ticket's version fields so I don't have to create versions manually in JIRA to match the Sprint names. Does that sound right @Jason?
Jason Vou July 23, 2013

Pardon the confusion @Timothy Chin.

@Randall Robertson asked my question perfectly.

Suggest an answer