Can I create a totally separate plan for the same projects/initiatives/epics?

Deleted user May 3, 2016

What would happen? Where would there be conflicts?

Update based on follow-up questions:

So the situation I have is that one area of our organisation is using the portfolio plugin to get a high level view across multiple release teams. They don't really intend to push back changes to our project, but need us to keep our estimates, epics and intiiatives up to date so that they can manage plans across the portfolio and identify areas for optimisation. Conceptitually in portfolio they are doing a couple of speific things:

-They use "Teams" to identify entire release teams, not individual scrum teams

-They use "Themes" to identify funding sources, not strategic themes.

In order for portfolio to be useful to me and my project, I believe I need my own plan where:

-I can use "Teams" to identify individual scrum teams for allocation of work across the scrum teams and work out when a scrum team is over/under capacity or can't hit a release date.

-I can use "Themes" to tag the strategic themes / goals of the platform we work on.

So I guess them my questions might be:

-Can you have an epic that's in two plans, and has to separate team and theme models assigned to it.

-If I update a shared epic in one of the plans or in the proejct  directly, will the other plan be able to pull that update without issue?

1 answer

0 votes
GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 4, 2016

Can you elaborate on this more? Where does JIRA comes to play here?

Deleted user May 12, 2016

Hey Gabrielle! So the situation I have is that one area of our organisation is using the portfolio plugin to get a high level view across multiple release teams. They don't really intend to push back changes to our project, but need us to keep our estimates, epics and intiiatives up to date so that they can manage plans across the portfolio and identify areas for optimisation. Conceptitually in portfolio they are doing a couple of speific things:

-They use "Teams" to identify entire release teams, not individual scrum teams

-They use "Themes" to identify funding sources, not strategic themes.

In order for portfolio to be useful to me and my project, I believe I need my own plan where:

-I can use "Teams" to identify individual scrum teams for allocation of work across the scrum teams and work out when a scrum team is over/under capacity or can't hit a release date.

-I can use "Themes" to tag the strategic themes / goals of the platform we work on.

So I guess them my questions might be:

-Can you have an epic that's in two plans, and has to separate team and theme models assigned to it.

-If I update a shared epic in one of the plans or in the proejct  directly, will the other plan be able to pull that update without issue?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events