Can I create a seperate instance of Jira to use with a business partner of ours?

We are partnering with a company and we want to use JIRA. Can we isolate what they can see without creating a separate instance of JIRA? Or is that necessary? We do not want our other projects to be viewable.

2 answers

1 vote
Joe Pitt Community Champion Sep 17, 2014

You can control what the see by using groups and project roles. Just don't give the default jira-users group or any other group with logon rights to anything. And don't use 'everyone' in permission schemes.

You need to create a separate permission scheme and assign that to a project / projects in which you want to work with the other company. Please refer to https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Managing+Project+Permissions to get detailed informations about that. Additionally you can define security levels if you want to hide specific actions within that project(s).

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Sarah Schuster
Posted Jan 29, 2018 in Jira

What are common themes you've seen across successful & failed Jira Software implementations?

Hey everyone! My name is Sarah Schuster, and I'm a Customer Success Manager in Atlassian specializing in Jira Software Cloud. Over the next few weeks I will be posting discussion topics (8 total) to ...

3,315 views 14 20
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot