Can I create a "service desk form" that edits an existing ticket?

Nancy Bonanno January 13, 2020

My managers are overwhelmed by the "new hire" screen presented to them after our WorkDay system creates an onboarding ticket for a new person.  The screen has been organized as much as possible, but they don't use Jira enough to be comfortable.  It would be better if there was a service-desk-like form (aka Request Type) that they could fill in.  Is there some way I can overlay a Request Type form over an existing issue so they can edit the fields they need to complete?

1 answer

0 votes
Olga Videc
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 14, 2020

Hello Nancy, 

Have you checked Dynamic Forms by Devinti?

https://deviniti.com/support/addon/server/extension/latest/dynamic-forms/

You can buy dynamic forms a single plugin, they are also part of Extension for Jira Service Desk.

I had the same issue, 

BR, Olga

Nancy Bonanno January 15, 2020

We have Dynamic Forms but as far as I can tell, these are still for creating new issues, not editing existing ones.  Do you know I'm wrong?  How do I apply a dynamic form to an issue that exists but that they need to add information to?

Olga Videc
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 21, 2020

Hello @Nancy Bonanno

Now I get, that's a tricky one.

Personally haven't done it before,  but I did some reaserch and found this

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/Differnet-Screens-based-on-Workflow-status/qaq-p/1216315

They advise using behaviour (scriptrunner addon). by "Mohamed Banziane"

BR, Olga

Nancy Bonanno January 21, 2020

Hmmm, maybe that is the answer.  Give the editors the link to the ticket and the instruction to click the status button COMPLETE  at the top...which opens a massive transition screen, full of helper text that leads them through adding all the additional information.   I'm going to look into that.  Thanks for the idea.  I'll let you know how it goes!

Like Olga Videc likes this

Suggest an answer