Can I create a custom field that uses the project's Version list?

Brian Spence
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 5, 2015

Here's the scenario:

A production defect is reported, I know the affects version based on who reported it, and the version of my software they're running.  When I triage the ticket, I want to identify when that defect was first introduced, which may have been before the affects version.

Can I create a custom field that uses the values for that Project's release version?  So when I add/release a new version, the values list for the custom field is automatically updated?

Ideally, the new custom field would only show released versions.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Udo Brand
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 5, 2015

Yes, use a  Single Version Picker as field type. It will use the versions set up in your project.

Brian Spence
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 5, 2015

Thank you!  Testing now, will accept when complete.

Brian Spence
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 5, 2015

Thank you so much, I've implemented in our testing area, and my QA team is already on board.

Udo Brand
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 5, 2015

Glad I could help

Suggest an answer