Can I create a custom Field with only Yes and No value? (I do not want to see "None" as a value)

Nari Man
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 11, 2014

I like to have a field with only two values "yes" and "no" where default is set to "no" and user can only select one value and user can not select any other value.

I tried this with Select List custom field. Problem is I also now have None as one of the values.

THere is None, Yes and No. How can I get rid of "None"?

THank you for your help in advance.

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 11, 2014
Set the field as mandatory, and none will disappear. None means "no answer" which is not the same as either yes or no, but you always need an answer
Nari Man
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 11, 2014

None does not disapear from the field values but it can not be selected. Basically it solve the problem for me but it is a bad user experience as they will select None and see an error. Thanks Nic.

Henning Tietgens
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 11, 2014

I think it disappears if you select a default value of "yes" or "no".

Suggest an answer