Can I create a ServiceDesk ticket out of Jira with the typical customer notification as created by mail?

Maximilian Heß February 8, 2016

When a create the ticket via Jira, the customer is not notificated by E-Mail. How can I change this? I want that the customer receives information about all updates concerning his ticket.

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 8, 2016

That's not what Service Desk is for, it's only supposed to tell the customer about certain updates.

In plain JIRA though, just include the customer's JIRA account in the notification scheme somehow.  (e.g. set them as the reporter and send notifications to reporter)

Maximilian Heß February 8, 2016

Thanks for the quick answer!

I do not need "special" notification. Just the standard ones like "ticket created" or "ticket closed" etc. I already set the customer as reporter but this does not change anything.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 8, 2016

Ok, have you made sure the notification scheme says to notify the reporter?

And can your user log into JIRA and see the issue?  There's nothing hiding it from them?

Suggest an answer