Can I convert our JIRA to JIRA service desk, what are impacts?

Hello,

We are currently running JIRA 6.2.5, JEMH 1.5.123, Crowd 2.7.2, and Agile 6.3.13.1.  All licenses are 100 user licenses.  Is there a way to migrate our current JIRA workflows, screens, issue types, fields, user roles, permissions, notifications, etc over to service desk?  Or do you need to run service desk alongside JIRA?  Would this eliminate JEMH or do you still need JEMH for non licensed user to be able to be notified?

1 answer

0 vote

Service Desk runs within Jira.  You can install it, and then convert projects to be service desk projects (or just start new ones and leave the existing ones untouched)

Whether you can eliminate JEMH depends on what you're using it for (but Service Desk does notify its end-users without them taking up a JIRA licenced account)

Ok, that answers my question.  Additional cost.  We could not eliminate JIRA after converting projects for support desk and bugs and enhancements.  Also we have Agile which several boards are built off existing projects and would not want to impact agile projects

Er, you could not eliminate JIRA at all - Service Desk (and Agile) run *inside* JIRA, they are addons for it. Your Agile boards won't be affected either, unless you choose to swap a project behind a board to be a Service Desk project.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Sarah Schuster
Posted Jan 29, 2018 in Jira

What are common themes you've seen across successful & failed Jira Software implementations?

Hey everyone! My name is Sarah Schuster, and I'm a Customer Success Manager in Atlassian specializing in Jira Software Cloud. Over the next few weeks I will be posting discussion topics (8 total) to ...

3,329 views 14 20
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot