Can I connect my Jira cloud to postgresql database?

Deleted user April 19, 2018

I have connect my Jira cloud project to postgresql database, can I do it? If true, maybe you can explain how can I do it?

3 answers

0 votes
Lee Schlesinger July 19, 2018

Could you do this with a cloud-based ETL tool? Stitch, for example, supports Jira data sources and PostgreSQL destinations.

Maor Avitan December 15, 2019

Stitch is nice but not good enough the sync is minimum 30 min 

0 votes
Arun_Thundyill_Saseendran
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 20, 2018

The other way is to configure a web hook for the projects that you want and then write a simple web hook listener to get the data and write to PSQL. 

We do this for getting Data from Cloud JIRA instance to use for our Tableau based BI system. 

You can do an ETL for the required fields and also dump the JSON as is to a JSON type field in PSQL so that you can pick any field you want for BI since PSQL have support for JSON querying.

0 votes
Arjun Hazari April 19, 2018

@[deleted]  Atlassian uses Postgesql by default though I did not get what do you mean by 

I have connect my Jira cloud project to postgresql database

And you cannot access the Database directly thoug you can  have access to the Atlassian Cloud REST API's

You can use them to fetch data from your Cloud instance: https://docs.atlassian.com/jira/REST/latest/

Deleted user April 19, 2018

I want sync my own locale Postgresql database with my Jira cloud database. 

I have to calculate some statistic and using JIra API is to slow for me in this situation.

Arjun Hazari April 20, 2018

I don't think there is any other way than REST API else you will need to contact Atlassian Cloud Support for this and also have a look at https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Core-questions/How-can-I-access-JIRA-database-to-fetch-data-which-is-on-cloud/qaq-p/448840

Deleted user April 20, 2018

Thanks.

Arjun Hazari April 20, 2018

Np

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events