Can I configure an incoming mail handler to replace valid users who lack Create Issue permission with the Default Reporter?

AL May 2, 2014

We have a JIRA instance wherein certain projects are completely restricted to only a handful of people. These projects often need to handle requests from outside of that team, so we created an incoming mail handler to process emails sent to this team.

This works well for employees who are not JIRA users; they can email the inbox and a request is opened automatically. JIRA uses the Default Reporter from the incoming mail handler.

This does not work for employees who are JIRA users, but who are not part of the project team. JIRA rejects their emails because they are missing the Create Issue permission.

We don't want to grant the Create Issue permission to people outside the project team, because that would leak certain information to them (like names of components). We would be perfectly happy if JIRA used the incoming mail handler's Default Reporter instead of the actual emailing user; we just can't figure out how to make that happen (instead of flatly rejecting the email).

We are not interested in buying third-party plugins for this feature alone.

Has anyone implemented this successfully?

2 answers

0 votes
Rafael January 14, 2019

i am experiencing the exact same problem. there any solution??

0 votes
Kian Pariwar November 28, 2016

I am experiencing the exact same problem.

Is there any solution to that?

Suggest an answer