Can I configure JIRA to allow time logging only on sub-tasks?

Stephen Floyd February 7, 2017

I want to limit time logging to sub-task types in one of my projects.  The story is generally estimated with Story Points and time logging does not have value at that level.  The sub-tasks are estimated in detail to the nearest 1/2 hour and this is where we want the time logging to happen.  Can I disable time logging to all types except the sub-task?

Thanks,

Steve

2 answers

1 vote
Paul Alexander
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 7, 2017

In your workflow for each transition in your parent issue(s), use this transition property key value pair.

Property KeyProperty Value
jira.permission.work.denied 

Sideabar: If you have the Tempo plugin, you can specify this requirement globally.

0 votes
Stephen Floyd February 16, 2017

Thanks for the hints Paul.

I was able to accomplish my goal by having two workflows.  One workflow for issue types where I want time entry and one workflow for issues types where I don't want time entry.   I added jira.permission.work.denied to each step of the "no time entry" workflow as a new Property.  Log Work doesn't even show up.

Suggest an answer