Can I configure JIRA On-Demand to not create a Confluence space for every JIRA project?

Ryan Leslie June 25, 2013
Right now the default behaviour for JIRA On-Demand is to create a new Confluence space for every new JIRA project. We don't want this to occur, and would like to turn off this automagic creation. Is this configurable?

5 answers

4 votes
Ash Bladon August 14, 2014

Is there any way to change the checkbox to not be selected by default? Users keep creating confluence spaces by mistake...

Ransom Carroll February 5, 2015

This is pretty critical for our business as well, we have hundreds of projects w/ confluence spaces that are not needed.

Daniel Smith September 11, 2015

Looking for the same in system configuration...this really, really should be an easy thing to do and with how fantastic JIRA is at so many other things, I'm a bit puzzled that this can't be controlled.

2 votes
Michael Knight
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 26, 2013

Not yet, but it's coming. You'll soon be able to select which other things you'd like to be created (if any) when you create a new JIRA project.

Ryan Leslie June 26, 2013
Thanks for the quick response. It's coming next month...quarter...year...decade? Any sense of timeframe for this goodness to be delivered?
Michael Knight
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 26, 2013

Hopefully 'soon' doesn't imply years or decades :) It will be in a matter of weeks.

Michal Szklarzewski July 1, 2013

Michael, what 'other things' are you talking about? :)

Michael Knight
Atlassian Team
July 2, 2013

I'm talking about the corresponding entities in the other apps you have included with OnDemand. A Confluence space, Bamboo project, FishEye/Crucible/SVN entries (although these are going away in October).

TJ Baker August 28, 2013

Just found this while looking for a solution for the same.

Hope it gets implemented soon!

Troels Rasmussen September 8, 2013

Was looking for the exact same thing :-)

Is there a ticket I can follow somewhere to see if it is fixed?

GenerationOne February 26, 2014

Is there any update to this? It's been 8 months.

1 vote
Zoe Feltham September 17, 2014

Is it possible to change this so that the tick box is de-selected by default?

0 votes
TJ Baker February 26, 2014

A solution for this has been implemented.

Now when you go to create a new project you can 'de-select' the check box to create a Confluence space for it.

0 votes
Ryan Leslie June 26, 2013
Awesome news. Looking forward to it.

Suggest an answer