Can I combined server-based JIRA and cloud-based Service desk

maarten.van.leer@uniface.com February 16, 2015

I'm looking into a setup with a server based JIRA-Agile and a cloud-based service desk. Is that possible?

Thanks,

Maarten van Leer

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 16, 2015

Yes, but not in the way I think you want.  

The service desk is an addon for Jira.  You have to have a JIRA to run it inside, so if you went with your setup, you will actually have two JIRA installations: Server-JIRA and Cloud-JIRA+Servicedesk.

maarten.van.leer@uniface.com February 16, 2015

Thanks for your swift reply. OK, clear. What does that mean account and license wise? Will the two JIRA installations be able to shared the same accounts? ( or does JIRA support active directory integration, if it does that answers my question too). And what about licensing? Do I need two sets of licenses? If I do, it means I need to go fully server-based. If that is the case, is there an easy migration from cloud based service desk to server-based? Thanks, Maarten

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 16, 2015

No, there's no AD integration on Cloud. You can use accounts of the same name (or google accounts), but not AD. In terms of licences, you'll need three - one for your Server, one for Cloud Jira and one for Cloud Service desk (albeit the two Cloud licences are part of a single service fee, rather than an actual licence) To migrate off Cloud, have a look through https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Migrating+from+JIRA+Cloud+to+JIRA+Server

Suggest an answer