Can I combine JIRA Software and JIRA Core in a single JIRA instance?

Deleted user April 26, 2016

I need about 100 JIRA licenses but only 20 people will use the JIRA Software features. It is possible to put 25 JIRA Software and 100 JIRA Core licenses on the same JIRA instance?

2 answers

0 votes
Fuad Hasanli August 18, 2019

Hi,

Have some question and need suggestion about combine of Jira Core and software licences.

If we've 100 software and 250 Core licences, what it means we'll have total 350 licences or how? Need some suggestion - we are growing company, now we've 100 software licences, but we need more, reason is - we want to start using JIra at project management and business process management. For last one we found one plugin, really good one. I don't want just rise licences of software to 250, reason is after couple month we can be more than 250 in company. Note all employees will take a part in projects. Most of them will use Jira for business processes. And we have licences for server, not cloud version. 

Best regards, 

Fuad. 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 19, 2019

Yes, you can have 100 Software and 250 Core licenced users, to allow 350 different people in.

Your plugins will need to be licenced at the highest tier of application you have, so you must licence them for 250 users.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 26, 2016

Yes, as long as you are on JIRA 7 or above.  In "manage applications" you'll find you can allocate groups to Core and Software separately.  (If you're on JIRA 6, this would be a good reason to upgrade - you'd need 250 JIRA+Agile licences to achieve the same)

Deleted user April 26, 2016

Thanks, this is a new installation so I will go with JIRA latest.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events