Can I change the project key in JIRA version 3.13.4?

Juliette_Vincent March 16, 2016

When I go to the Edit Project page, there is no key field to edit. I have browsed around the rest of the system and cannot see an option for doing this anywhere. In my version of JIRA, (3.13.4), is it possible to edit the project key?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 16, 2016

No, the ability to change project key was introduced long after 3.13.x!

You will have to edit in the DB and will have to remember to change all affected issues but might still miss references in comments etc. Not worth the effort, in my opinion.

Juliette_Vincent March 16, 2016

Yeah, this is a super old version of JIRA. Thanks very much for the prompt response... I am inclined to agree... the outcome of manual changes wouldn't justify the risk to compliance. Cheers!

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 16, 2016

I'd point out that

1) The recommended way to achieve it would be to upgrade to a version that allows you to do it in the UI

2) You're running software that fails most compliance rules automatically.  (I'm sure you've had that conversation already wink )

Suggest an answer