Can I change my domain?

We are working under a new company, I am curious if we can have the domain changed for our account. See example below:

https://oldCompanyName.atlassian.net

https://newCompanyName.atlassian.net

5 answers

4 votes
Kelvin Yap Atlassian Team Aug 22, 2012

G'day Eric,

As per our page on Restricted Functions in Atlassian OnDemand, you are currently unable to change your Atlassian OnDemand domain after the instance has been created.

Yes, you can, but if you change you domain, you site weight factor will drop. www.1996shop.com

2 votes

Yes, but you need to contact Atlassian OnDemand support to get it done.

What's happening @nic-brough, some comments are being posted many times?

1 vote

Yes, but you need to contact Atlassian OnDemand support to get it done.

1 vote
Bruno Rosa Atlassian Team Aug 30, 2012

Hi Eric,

You can't change the domain name as per the Atlassian OnDemand Resctricted Functions. However, if you'd like to "change" the domain, I'd recommend you to sign up for a new account under Atlassian and create a new instance with the new name. Then, migrate your data from the old instance to the new one, and deactivate the old instance.

Hope it helps.

Bruno Rosa

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Sunday in Agility

You asked for it, so we delivered: images on issues have arrived

A picture tells a thousand words. And agility boards have just released their latest feature: cover images on issues – so now your board can tell a story at first glance. Upload attachmen...

390 views 3 11
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you