Can I change my domain?

Eric Mauch August 22, 2012

We are working under a new company, I am curious if we can have the domain changed for our account. See example below:

https://oldCompanyName.atlassian.net

https://newCompanyName.atlassian.net

5 answers

4 votes
Jenny Tu August 22, 2012

Yes, you can, but if you change you domain, you site weight factor will drop. www.1996shop.com

4 votes
Kelvin Yap
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 22, 2012

G'day Eric,

As per our page on Restricted Functions in Atlassian OnDemand, you are currently unable to change your Atlassian OnDemand domain after the instance has been created.

2 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 22, 2012

Yes, but you need to contact Atlassian OnDemand support to get it done.

Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 2, 2012

What's happening @nic-brough, some comments are being posted many times?

1 vote
Bruno Rosa
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 30, 2012

Hi Eric,

You can't change the domain name as per the Atlassian OnDemand Resctricted Functions. However, if you'd like to "change" the domain, I'd recommend you to sign up for a new account under Atlassian and create a new instance with the new name. Then, migrate your data from the old instance to the new one, and deactivate the old instance.

Hope it helps.

Bruno Rosa

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 22, 2012

Yes, but you need to contact Atlassian OnDemand support to get it done.

Suggest an answer