Can I change my Dashboard reports to say Activities instead of Issues?

Philip Horsley January 25, 2018

Hi, 

I am using Jira to manage high level management of our continuous improvement projects and activities. because the reports/ dashboard will be shown at high level of my organisation I would like the reports to say "activities" in stead of "issues" - can this be changed? if so how do I change it?

Thanks.   

1 answer

0 votes
josh
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 25, 2018

The word "issue" is a core part of Jira. A generic word in to mean any individual record. If you want to show something else, the only option is to do that in the Issue Types.

Philip Horsley January 25, 2018

Thank you Josh - How do I change the issue type?  

Thanks. 

josh
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 25, 2018

Under Administration --> Issues. There's build in options for issue type (story, bug, subtask, etc) and you can add anything you want there. On my system I have an issue type "Improvement" on some projects.

Then you need to make an issue type scheme, deciding what types to have on your project, and assign that scheme to your project.

There's workflows, screens, fields that you could also configure to be different based on issue types as well. https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver/defining-a-project-938847066.html#Definingaproject-issuetypesIssuetypes 

Suggest an answer