Can I change field name and type of the "Summary" Field which is system field in Jira.

Mohin Uddin July 14, 2013

Hi Expert,
Can I change field name and type of the "Summary" Field which is system field in Jira?

Could you please let me know regarding this issue?

Thanks

Mohin

3 answers

0 votes
Alex Perez
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 14, 2013

If you want to change only the name of the Summary field, you can create a customized translation for jira.

Changing its type, as far as I know, is not possible because is an internal field. But you can always define a new Custom Field with the name and type of your choice, and modify the Field configurations / screens related to your project to use it *instead* of the original Summary field ...

HTH

0 votes
Mohin Uddin July 14, 2013

I would like to edit "summary" field and also field type

RambanamP
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 14, 2013

You can't change type or name of the summary field.

what do you want to achive through this?

Alex Perez
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 14, 2013

edit field name (summary) or edit content of the summary field?

0 votes
RambanamP
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 14, 2013

can you explain little bit more on your requirement?

Suggest an answer