Can I change a project's type after it has been turned into a service desk project?

Russ November 12, 2014

We had a software development project which has been 'upgraded' to a service desk project.

The terminology said we would 'link' the service desk to the existing project; we didn't realise that this would change all of the permissions on the project, so that only help desk agents have any meaningful control over the issues now.

Can I change the project back to a software development project, and create a parallel service desk?

2 answers

0 votes
Russ November 12, 2014

Thanks Norman!

I saw that the permission scheme had changed, but wasn't sure if that was the only thing that was needed - the permissions helper says that my devs can't resolve issues because they are not service agents (i.e. service desk licence holders).

I'll give support a shout.

Thanks again,

Russ

Daniel Micallef October 28, 2016

Hi Russ,

Have you had any luck from support?

0 votes
Norman Abramovitz
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 12, 2014

You will need to change the permission schema, but I would call support and have them help you out since it is seems to be a real pain to get it right.

Suggest an answer