Can I change JIRA's server ID?

Yongpyo Hong June 18, 2012

Hello, I'm Yongpyo Hong

Can I change JIRA's server ID in a PC?

I want to change JIRA server ID in a PC for using free trial more than 3 months.

I can't install JIRA anouther PC, because I don't have only one PC.

Plz answer to me.

Thank you.

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Dennis Kromhout van der Meer
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 18, 2012

The Server ID is not related to the actual license. By going to http://my.atlassian.com you can request another evaluation license.

Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 18, 2012

True, but this does not affect any license change :)

Are you running into problems creating a new license?

Yongpyo Hong June 18, 2012

But, we input the server ID when we request evaluation license, aren't you?

Yongpyo Hong June 20, 2012

No

Just, I requested free trial license 3 times.

I heard that we can request trial license by 3 times.

Before last license expire, I want to change server ID to use JIRA more than 3 months and restore.

Is it possible?

Rising Star
Rising Star
June 20, 2012
I'm not aware of such a limitation of 3x evaluation license; where did you hear this? Please try to create another license. If it doesn't work, please contact me on dennis@atlassian.com
Yongpyo Hong June 20, 2012

Thank you for your help. I'll try it.

But I have one more question.

If we always renew evaluation license without limitation, what is different between evaluation and subscribed license?

Suggest an answer