Can I by default set assignee to unassigned on resolve, when user has not specified anything else?

We have a workflow such that when an issue is ready for QA, we resolve this issue and leave it on Unassigned. The tester then picks up the issue from unassigned and puts it on his/her name.

This means that the developer always have to edit the assignee. Sometimes to some specific user, but most often to unassigned.

Is there some way to either set the assignee to unassigned in the Resolve Issue Screen, or set the assignee to Unassigned with a post function if it wasn't manually changed by the user.

2 answers

0 votes

Well, if you want to just set the assignee to unAssigned always, you can remove the field from the resolve screen and use the 'update issue field' post function to set assignee as 'Unassigned'.

To change it only if the user hasn't changed it, you might want a script or something to check the last assignee value, compare it and set it to Unassigned!

0 votes
Thomas Schlegel Community Champion May 15, 2012

Hi Sara,

If the assignee should always be set to unassigned, I would do that with a post function. You don't have to check, if it is already unassigned, just set it to unassigned with the post function "Update Issue Field". Be sure that it is allowed in your project to have unassigned issues.

Best regards

Thomas

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Sarah Schuster
Posted Jan 29, 2018 in Jira

What are common themes you've seen across successful & failed Jira Software implementations?

Hey everyone! My name is Sarah Schuster, and I'm a Customer Success Manager in Atlassian specializing in Jira Software Cloud. Over the next few weeks I will be posting discussion topics (8 total) to ...

2,813 views 11 18
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot