Can I buy JIRA Agile and JIRA Service Desk on separate accounts?

Chris Barlow December 2, 2015

I have a JIRA instance (server, not cloud) for which I have JIRA Agile installed.  We've been using this setup for about 9 months (big fan, btw).  We are now considering adding JIRA Service Desk to the mix, integrating it into the existing system.  However, the person who will be running administration duties for the Service Desk installation is not the same person who performs those duties for JIRA and JIRA Agile.  If I purchased the licenses for JIRA and JIRA Agile on my account, do I also need to be the one to purchase JIRA Service Desk?  Or can this other person make the purchase and use his license to integrate the new product on the existng system (under my license)?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 2, 2015

The best option is for you to add them as a technical and billing person to your JIRA licence on my.Atlassian.com - that way, they can use their Atlassian account to buy the licence and the server-id etc doesn't need to be messed with.

I should point out that the admin for Service Desk will have admin rights over JIRA Core and Agile as well, because they're an admin...

Suggest an answer